Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis help

Hello Qlikperts

I need a small help regarding set analysis ....

I have 15 colomns from various dimensions in my app & out of those 15 I want manipulate my selections from 5 colomns & i want to ignore other selections from the remaining 10 colomns .

In a breif let us assume that i have 3 dimensions like

Dim 1 :                            Dim2:                                Dim3:

colomn1                         colomn6                             colomn9

colomn2                         colomn7                             colomn10

colomn3                         colomn8                             colomn11

colomn4                                                                  colomn12

colomn5                                                                  colomn13

colomn14

colomn15

and i want to make selections modify my chart values from colomn1,colomn3,colomn7,colomn11,colomn15 and i want to neglect / ignore the impact of other colomns selection on my chart so

In my set analysis i tried to write including these colomns like

sum({1<colomn1=,....,colomn15=>}(sales/gross_sales))

but it's not working & i tried in other way like hard coded one

sum({<colomns i want to ignore>sales/gross)

but this one is also not giving me my required valuations , Is there any thing i'm going wrong on it or else can anyone help me with ignoring those in a set analysis

Thanking u all

Meher

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I would expect your second approach to work:

sum({<colomn2=,colomn4=,...colomn14=>} sales/gross_sales)

What problems are you seeing with it?

To avoid manually listing ten (or hundreds) of fields, try Smakovskiy's clever approach suggested at the end of his document on this very subject:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1334

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John ,

I tried in Smakovskiy's clever approach but i'm failing to declaremy set in a variable as he said , & i'm trying it in my 2nd way of approach but my manual calculation values are matching withsome & not matching with some . I don't know where i'm going wrong .

thank you

Meher

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, he's not declaring the set in a variable.  It's just a complicated set analysis expression.  But if you can't get it to work by manually listing the fields, his approach won't work either, as it's just a way of automatically listing the same fields. 

Is it possible to post a small sample application demonstrating the problem with the manual approach?  You might be able to do that by reducing the data in your real application if you can't come up with a simple, fake example.  You can also scramble any sensitive information as required.  Hopefully it'll be easy to see what's going wrong if we have something to look at.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John ,

I'll try to give you a copy/sample ASAP

thank you

Meher

Not applicable
Author

John I fixed it , it is not a error in set analysis , it's a error in data

thank you

Meher