Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II

Integrating QV Analyzer - cant fill prg folder, edit module window pops up.

Hello,

I am trying to integrate my QV document into QV Analyzer, but with no success.

Basically I open the Analyzer, input full path to my QV document with name of the document and click create PRJ. Now My document opens and Edit module window pops up, and there is nothing in prj folder.

Can you help me with this please?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The prj is only necessary to pick up document level trigger.  I'm working on eliminating the need for it entirely.

Sometimes the metadata directory gets locked. You can usually fix this by going to the metadata directory (click the button next to "delete metadata after reload") and deleting it.

-Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just one more thing, when I click Extract metadata, something is extracted. but for example I want to see list of objects, but there is nothing

is this normal?

Thank you.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Untitled.png

Are you entering the .qvw extension as well after file name?

anyway I never faced such problem. Try downloading the updated version here

Document Analyzer V3.0 Update Available

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I am using the full name with suffix, also tried with " ", still opens the same window on Module on Alert function.

And also, I am using last 3.7 version, downloaded today.

Thanks

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I hope the developer of the Document Analyzer can reply you on this issue..

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Forgot about the prj folder for now.

I assume after the extract you did a reload? Take a look at the log on the "Extract Log" sheet. Any error messages?

-Rob

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So I made it work by doing some folder renaming, and only with clicking on Extract Metadata. Before it in the log it said that it cant access the file.

Also prj is still not working, is this really necessary? Will I miss some important details?

Somehow my document stops reloading when I create prj folder. It just shows the loading icon for a second and stops.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The prj is only necessary to pick up document level trigger.  I'm working on eliminating the need for it entirely.

Sometimes the metadata directory gets locked. You can usually fix this by going to the metadata directory (click the button next to "delete metadata after reload") and deleting it.

-Rob