Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use IF statement in this case? (QlikSense)

Hello,

I am a new user of QlikSense, and I am having difficulty with doing a certain task. I'm sure it's fairly simple, but I don't know how to go about this. Here is a screenshot of a table I am working on:

Screen10.png

In the 'Closed Unqualified" column, I wanted to show "1" for every time the "StageName" column is "Closed Unqualified". Currently, it is showing "0," which is incorrect. I tried this function, but it didnt work :  "IF(StageName="Closed Unqualifed",1,0)

Can someone please guide me in how I can achieve my objective and fix the "Closed Unqualified" column? What is the right function I need to input to get the right values? Thank you so much in advance for your assistance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tgardne1
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you are using double quotes "  try using single quotes ' around Closed Unqualified also ensure your spelling is correct as Unqualified is wrong in your if statement.

Try:

if(StageName = 'Closed Unqualified',1,0)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tgardne1
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you are using double quotes "  try using single quotes ' around Closed Unqualified also ensure your spelling is correct as Unqualified is wrong in your if statement.

Try:

if(StageName = 'Closed Unqualified',1,0)

OmarBenSalem

have u tried with simple quotes?

IF(StageName='Closed Unqualifed',1,0)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again your your help! I was wondering if there was a way to combine IF statements?

For example, would this be correct:  If(StageName !='Close Unqualified', StageName !='Verfication',1,0) ?

I am adding a column to the table that has to include StageName values that excludes 'Closed Unqualified" and "Verification."

OmarBenSalem

If(StageName !='Close Unqualified' or StageName !='Verfication',1,0)