Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yip_walter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to open the program

Hi all,

I am not able to open the problem which the following exception message is popup. Any help?

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'QVDeploymentFramework.Form1' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationConfigurationSection. (E:\Qlikview\QlikDeploymentFramework_Deploy_Tool\QlikDeploymentFramework.exe.Config line 3)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.PrepareConfigSystem()

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_AppSettings()

at QVDeploymentFramework.Form1..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QVDeploymentFramework.Form1.extractZIP(Byte[] ZipResource, String ZipName)

at QVDeploymentFramework.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlinden
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Walter,

I had the same problem. It was solved by deleting the "QlikDeploymentFramework.exe.Config", which is then regenerated upon runnin the deployment tool for the first time.

BR,

Michael

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alexhausmann
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have the same issue....

anders-adv
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi.

I also get this problem when I try the new version (1.7.1) of the QDF? Am using version 1.7.0 right now.

mlinden
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Walter,

I had the same problem. It was solved by deleting the "QlikDeploymentFramework.exe.Config", which is then regenerated upon runnin the deployment tool for the first time.

BR,

Michael

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Thx, try the new upload from GitHub, where we replaced the .config file

Release Qlik Deployment Framework · QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework · GitHub

Regards

Magnus

yip_walter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

new config is still not working, delete it and run the exe does.

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, Ive updated the .config removing everything not needed. There are two lines that need to be in (Example and shared_folders) that's why i'm not that keen on removing .config completely.

Release Qlik Deployment Framework · QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework · GitHub

Btw, I have no problem opening regardless of config file that's why it's been difficult to figure out the problem.

Regards

Magnus