Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II

Need help in sorting the value in descending order

Hi All,

Thank you for helping me in some of the question which I posted earlier. I've a new requirement in our project where we need to sort the values from highest to low. Below tables tells you in detail of what I'm getting and what I would like to see.

I've a table which has device information and some columns with expression as 'SUM' and below is the table which I'm getting.

DeviceHigh CountMedium CountLow Count
A244
B422
C655
D466
E112
F435

I would like to see some thing like below.

DeviceHigh CountMedium CountLow Count
C666
D455
F445
B434
A222
E112

The difference between the two tables are it is sorting the High, Medium and Low from Highest to Lowest and here 'Device' is my column name and High count is 'SUM(HIGH'), Medium Count is 'SUM(MEDIUM)' and Low Count is 'SUM(LOW)' and I'm using Pivot table in my app.

Regards,

Vikas

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

The value of C changed because of the sorting?

Capture.PNG

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I think he wants to sort on HighCount..

sunny_talwar

Make sense, but why are Medium, Low dependent on Dimension?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

It should not right? Cos he has expressions for High Medium and Low columns.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So he wants to sort the high with dependent dimension but Medium and Low as their own sorting ignoring dimensions.

sunny_talwar

But that just doesn't make any sense.... in a single chart... if you do this, then you are giving incorrect information to your users

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Absolutely. He has to correct the given information based on this discussion we had. 🙂