Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bringing X-axis value to Y-axis in Line Chart

Hi All

In a line chart(Trend Chart), I want to bring the values which are there in the X-axis to Y-axis. Has any one achieved it earlier. If so please help me out.

Thanks

Attitude

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

change the line chart style Orientation from horizontal to vertical. It will change the x to y .

Properties-->style--> orientation

Sumit

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sumit

Thanks for your reply. But I think you have misunderstood my requirement. I want to achieve that instead of changing the orientation. For example, whatever is displayed in the x-axis should be displayed in the y-axis. If 5 values are in the dimension, those values should be shown in the y-axis with respective line chart.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

I want to create the trend chart(line chart). In which I want to pass the ProductCategory as the dimension and expression contains the formula which counts the sales value based on(sysdate,sysdate-30,sysdate-60,sysdate-90 and so on). What I would like to have it I want each values from the ProductCategory to be displayed on the Y-axis and trend should show in a such a way that it starts from sysdate,sysdate-30,sysdate-60,sysdate-90 and so on for each value of the ProductCategory.

Hope my question is better understandable now. If you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards

Attitude

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Still i am not clear about your requirement.

Please draw it in paint and send upload your drawing here for better understanding, with explanation.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

So what you want is The values listed up the left side of the chart, and then Product Category grouped by system date along the bottom?

SO it would basically be a double x axis value. You could try creating a field that is Product Category-Sysdate?

Edit- I

Create Calculated dimension on the chart that if(sysdate=sysdate-30,'Sysdate-30 -' & ProductCategory, if( sysdate=sysdate-60,'Sysdate-60 -' & ProductCategory,if(sysdate=sysdate-90,'Sysdate-90 -' & ProductCategory)))

Might need to alter the code a bit to get it to work

Message was edited by: marcsliving

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marc

Sorry I tried with the code which you have given but it didn't workout.

Not applicable
Author

See attachment

At titude wrote:

Hi All

I want to create the trend chart(line chart). In which I want to pass the ProductCategory as the dimension and expression contains the formula which counts the sales value based on(sysdate,sysdate-30,sysdate-60,sysdate-90 and so on). What I would like to have it I want each values from the ProductCategory to be displayed on the Y-axis and trend should show in a such a way that it starts from sysdate,sysdate-30,sysdate-60,sysdate-90 and so on for each value of the ProductCategory.

Hope my question is better understandable now. If you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

In the below picture Group such as (Revenue, COGS, Expeneses and etc..) are been displayed in the X-axis and their respective value has been displayed in the Y-axis. All the formula for Sysdate-30,Sysdate-60 and etc has been written in the expression.In this chart each line shows their respective value when compared to the other groups.For example blue line which is there at the top how all the groups are performing according to the YTD time line.

What exactly I am looking for is instead of showing how all the groups are performing in a according to the time line in a single time line. It should show how a group is performing according to the time line. For example, blue line should show how it is performing in Sysdate-30,Sysdate-60,Sysdate-90 and YTD. Instead of showing how groups are performing in Sysdate-30.

I have only one dimension(Group) in the chart. Sysdate-30,Sysdate-60,Sysdate-90 and YTD I am doing in a expression.

Hope my question is clear and understandable. If you need any clarification then please let me know.

untitled.bmp

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Don't be so lazy to play with existing solution.

See attachment. I've just changed the dimensions sequence.