Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Active Directory users cannot login

I have installed QS on my company's server. I can successfully login to hub/devhub/qmc using the root admin created during the installation process.

Then, I set up a user directory connector to an active directory. This got me the needed users visible in qmc.

Then, I went to "Licences and tokens" and allocated a license to a specific user . It now shows Status "Allocated".

Then, I went to users and added RootAdmin to this user as role (afterwards, in my desperation, I also added ContentAdmin, DeploymentAdmin and SecurityAdmin).

Despite these steps, I am unable to use this new user to login to any of hub/devhub/qmc ( I get the username-password input box reappear, as though I input something wrong), while the original user works properly.

I am using a Windows 10 desktop PC as client, and the server is Windows Server 2012. I am using Chrome to login. As a username, I have tried gm (the userid seen in qmc), DOMAIN\gm, and gm@DOMAIN.

I have thoroughly searched around for solutions, and I have tried everything that was present in this post, to no avail. There is no file at all in %Programdata%/qlik/sense/proxy.

Could you please give me a hand?

25 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

did you try with logging in as below:

user = FUTURESOFT\gm

and its windows password ?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, I tried gm, FUTURESOFT\gm, and gm@FUTURESOFT

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

do you have a single node site?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have seen this post before, too. First, let me tell you that I don't get this login screen or any error. When I try to access a qliksense address, I get this popup window from Chrome:

authentication.png

...and when I enter the gm user's credentials, the popup just reappears without showing any error at all.

Also, I have gone to the user rights assignment, and saw that within the security setting there was the value "Everyone", so I guess that covers the case, right?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I honestly don't know. How may I check this?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

How many Qlik Sense Server are you using for that deployment ?

Is your Qlik Sense Server under Domain ?

Also I recommend you to execute all Qlik Sense services, except "Qlik Sense Repository Database", as a domain user with local administrator privileges.

rittermd
Master
Master

Is the URL you are trying to login to in the white list of the Virtual Proxy settings?

If you are on the same domain then all you should have to enter is gm and the password.  Are you sure that you have their correct password?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

One. Single node then?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Please elaborate this a bit. I will describe the situation as I've understood it in the next sentence, but keep in mind I am very confused about it, and we set this up along with an IT colleague. If I have understood correctly, both the server and my client belong in a workgroup and thus cannot belong in a domain too; but the user directory connector is able to draw users from the active directory of another computer that shares the same local network, and so it does. Do these make sense? Can the issue be hidden here?