Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding filter, that doesn't exist in source

Dear all,

I got an excel sheet with project numbers, that are marked as "open". In general I got over 8000 projects, but just around 800 of them are open projects, so the list just shows me these projects. In my final Qlik App I got the whole list with open and closed projects, but I want to filter between open and closed projects. As, in the mentioned list, I only got the open projects (and it would be kind of difficult to get the closed projects in the same way), I just get the filter "open".

So my question is, whether in Qlik a further filter can be defined by which all projects are shown, that aren't "open"?

Thanks for the answers and best regards

Tom

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I uploaded the qvf in the original post as the table, I want to load. If you need the table with the full project numbers (open project as closed projetcs) please tell me.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I need to see data model

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, can you tell me how I can upload data model?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

It is included in app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

data model.JPG

So what I marked yellow is the added variable. Projekt is the binding element, but in the red market area the field Projekt just contains the open projects. All other "Projekt" contain all projects, so closed as open projects.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

As per data you shared in excel, All Project have status assigned as 'Open' and there is no project with null status .

So according to that data is giving correct result.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You will also have to add Closed Project in that excel (in short, prepare a Master with Project Status).

Then only it will assign Closed status to that remaining projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answers. Too bad, I thought it would be possible to implement in Qlik, that all projects that aren't open are closed. Than I'll do it the circumstantial way, thanks.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Okay!