Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Cannot open files I created - user key

Hi,

So I have a big problem.

I am using QV Personal Edition for work, then I send files to external parties who do have licenses.

I had an IT guy come in to install VPN en some other stuff on my laptop. To do so he added me to an administrator group temporarily. After he left I tried to open my QV files and I get the error message that you get when trying to open another person's file with QV PE:

"This QlikView document was created by another QlikView PErsonal Edition USer... etc."

So I'm guessing my user key somehow changed. The guy doesn't know what to do about this either. I ams cared to use the "recover" option as you can only use it four times and I have tons and tons of different QV files created on my laptop that I use constantly.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Logon with your old username and password through which you have created those qlikview applications and then try to open.

This is because for Qlikview your ordinary user and the admin user are different.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Logon with your old username and password through which you have created those qlikview applications and then try to open.

This is because for Qlikview your ordinary user and the admin user are different.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ah thanks - that was pretty obvious. I was logging into windows with my correct user ID, but not to "this computer only".

I hope the VPN and things he installed will still work when logging into "This Computer"....