Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting on different machine

Hi community,

My question is basically because last week (when we have NPrinting and Qlik Sense on the same machine) our report took 10-15 minutes to generate, now with NPrinting on a different machine this report took 35-40 minutes to generate.

So how affect NPrinting performance?

Our 2 virtual machines are similar (32 GB RAM, 8 CPUs, 500HDD disk space)

Another thing: We upgraded our machine from June 2017 to Sept 2017 before separate our enviroment

Thanks!

CS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is exactly what i would expect.

• as NPrinting is just like another user (or rather users - this depends how many cores you have on your NPrinitng Machine; If you have 4 cores it is like 4 users havily using Qlik Sense at the time when reports are generated) - all "hard work" sits on Qlik Sense Server which has to re-calclulate all records for any recipient filter, produce outcome, export it and NPrinitng Server is just putting it together in a template and sending to destination.

So all hard work will be always on QlikSense or QlikVIew server side.

This is 100% expected result!!!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

is your nprinting server machine accessing  app via shared network folder or local system copy of your app? just make sure to keep your app in nprinting machine and try to run it. now it read you object faster than n/w app file.

Thanks

Deva

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Our NPrinting is accesing to a Qlik Sense app via Proxy (see image):

Conexión.PNG

So I put the proxy from my Qlik Sense machine, and our domain admin user to access.

Can I do this local system copy too? Or your solution works with Qlikview only?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Devarasu - he is using QlikSense - so proxy only!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The only thing i can think of is your network speed and how those 2 boxes communicate between each other.

As a benchmark map drive between boxes and copy accross few big files, then copy the same files from one to another folder on QS server. Compare results

Network must be extremly slow if it slows down report generation so much.

cheers

Lech

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Lech,

I'm still looking why my reports are generating slower than before.

Maybe I would post this in another topic, but:

When I'm generating this report, why the cpu usage on Qlik Sense box is ~100% and on NPrinting box is ~15-20%?

This report is an excel with several Pages and filters by user.

Regards,

CS

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That is exactly what i would expect.

• as NPrinting is just like another user (or rather users - this depends how many cores you have on your NPrinitng Machine; If you have 4 cores it is like 4 users havily using Qlik Sense at the time when reports are generated) - all "hard work" sits on Qlik Sense Server which has to re-calclulate all records for any recipient filter, produce outcome, export it and NPrinitng Server is just putting it together in a template and sending to destination.

So all hard work will be always on QlikSense or QlikVIew server side.

This is 100% expected result!!!

regards

Lech

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Lech, as always thank you for your help, this clarifies many things, now I have more information to talk with the IT team.

Cheers

CS

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Another thing,

Currently our QSense box and NPrinting box have 8 cores. Setting 4 cores on NPrinting box, will this help on the report generation performance?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is difficult question

i would start with adding cores to qlik sense server, because that is whete the power i lacking. Takimg off 4 cores from Nprinting box will not improve anything-it will just remove a little bit of stress from QlikSense. if these are VM run few test and compare resulta, but i would definitely boost Qlik Sense box

regards

lech