Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Controlling the documents available to each user in Access Point

I have just upgraded from 9.0SR6 to 10.0SR3.  I have rad the following in the manual:

Improved Document Lists

The QlikView Server will only show documents to which the user has NTFS permissions. In QlikView 10

the document lists will be filtered further: If a document has Section Access, the server will now only

show the document to users that also are listed in the Section Access.

The document list is respecting the NTFS permissions as it always has.  But, If a user has no access to the document because of Section Access, It is still displaying the document in Access Point for them.  If they select it, then they get the login box, and the access is denied. 

Do I need to do something different to the applications to allow Access Point to recognize the Section Access??

Thank You.

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

That's probably because you have not AD users in the section access list. So even if the user is not in the list he might be able to login if he enters a username/password in the list.

theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I use the Section Access in the document script.  We reduce the data, and provide access based on a table that has the NT UserId, and the data they have access to.  Is this what you mean by the AD user?  Or would I need to change my section access to actually read from the AD?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

No, what I mean is that in your list there is probably a user that is not a NTUserId o that has a password configured in that list.

theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Say, for example, that my document has section access, The file we use for section access has the userid, and the cost-centers they are allowed to see data for.  The user logging into Access Point has no record in the file that we use for section access, therefore should not see the document.  He can see it in the document list, but if he tries to open it, he is denied access because he is not in the file used for section access.  I don't know of anywhere to configure a password for the users.  Can you explain that part a little further?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There are different ways for the section access to work, you could use NTNAMES or use USERNAME/PASSWORD.

If your section access has NTNAME, USERNAME & PASSWORD fields, QlikView will first check if the user trying to access is in the NTNAME list, if the user is not in that list you will be prompted to enter a username and a password.

If your application section access doesn't have the fields USERNAME & PASSWORD and the user is not in the NTNAME list then you will not be able to access the application.

theresaa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes.  We do not have the username and password fields, just the NTName  And it does work like you said, the user (if not in the list) cannot open the application.  But, I thought from what I read, that the application would not even appear on the document list for that user.  ?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

If you don't have username/password fields in the section access then why is a login box appearing when you try to access them?

You should double check your section access script, if everything looks fine you should consider reporting this, I get the feeling that something is working funny there.