Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Histogram in Qlik Sense

I am looking at the histogram chart in Qlik Sense and cannot see where to add a measure in the Data properties panel on the right hand side. All I can see is 'Fields' but no 'Measures'.

Also, how do you how do you select a particular dimension value in the field?

I have Country as Dimension and Age as measure.  I wanted to do a histogram for a particular country e.g. Norway with Age as a measure and show the median age on the histogram.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What you describe is a bar chart with Country as Dimension and median Age as measure. You can create this easily in Qlik Sense: Just drag a bar chart into the sheet.

A histogram is different - it is special type of bar chart: A histogram always takes one field only as parameter - the dimension is the field grouped, like Class(Age,10) and the measure is the frequency of the field, i.e. Count(Age). A histogram will show how the field values are distributed.

HIC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OmarBenSalem

There is bar chart and the is histograms; histograms are for classification analysis:

Take a look at this:

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

What you describe is a bar chart with Country as Dimension and median Age as measure. You can create this easily in Qlik Sense: Just drag a bar chart into the sheet.

A histogram is different - it is special type of bar chart: A histogram always takes one field only as parameter - the dimension is the field grouped, like Class(Age,10) and the measure is the frequency of the field, i.e. Count(Age). A histogram will show how the field values are distributed.

HIC

shamitshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Henric,

I require a histogram for a particular dimension value instead of a bar chart.

Thanks