Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmonfort
Creator
Creator

Probability Functions in Qlikview

Hi all,

Long time user, first time poster.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully implemented either the BETAINV or GAMMA functionality available in MS Excel, through Qlikview.

I see that there are a limited number of probability/statistical functions in Qlikview and that neither of these functions are available.

Has anyone implemented this type of analysis in their work??

I thought I could do a workaround via a macro loading VB script and am currently searching the web to find this... has anyone done something similar and could you please advise what the script was?

Many thanks!!!

2 Replies
mmonfort
Creator
Creator
Author

I've actually found the following information but still not solved the problem. On Qlikview's Help page under "statistical distribution functions" it states:

"

The statistical distribution functions described below are all implemented in QlikView using the Cephes library. For references and details on algorithms used, accuracy etc, please see http://www.netlib.org/cephes/. The Cephes function library is used by permission."

In my net searches I actually found that the Cephes library is where you can find a MYSQL script for creating Beta distribution (and hence finding the inverse of Beta distribution).

Has anyone called on this library of functions before?

cheers

Not applicable

Hi,

Where you able to implement BetaInv() function in Qlikview?

Regards,

Pallavi