Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QlikView November 2017 Export to Excel

Hello,

Just updated to QlikView Nomber 2017 release. I try to export dual fields into excel now they import as number and not text.

Do we have any setting to revert to export dual fields as text and not numbers?

Just as background we set some dual fields like Market Name so that we can sort them on the value instead of text.

I know the Easter egg function ExcelExportMixedAsText, It should export mixed values as text, this has now changed...

Best,

Matias Undurraga

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Matias,

I remember when the same bug slipped into QlikView some years back, for a service release or two.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

The thing that makes it complicated, I guess, is that Date fields are duals, and these should go into Excel as numbers, but every other type of dual you probably want the text to go across.  I'm not sure how easy it will be for the developers to tell them apart.  As you say though, it was working previously.

You may want to raise a ticket on this one through Qoncierge and point them to this thread, so it can get logged as an issue.

Cheers,
Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Matias,

I remember when the same bug slipped into QlikView some years back, for a service release or two.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

The thing that makes it complicated, I guess, is that Date fields are duals, and these should go into Excel as numbers, but every other type of dual you probably want the text to go across.  I'm not sure how easy it will be for the developers to tell them apart.  As you say though, it was working previously.

You may want to raise a ticket on this one through Qoncierge and point them to this thread, so it can get logged as an issue.

Cheers,
Steve

Or
MVP
MVP

I noticed the same thing and reported it to my local Qlik partner already. Odd that this behavior's up again after being dealt with previously, but as you said, they probably already know how to fix it..

npapapicco
Partner - Contributor III

Same issue here, last week I upgraded a customer installation and today they discovered the problem. I have raised a ticket of course. Waiting for a feedback from them.

Nicola

npapapicco

Qlil support answered to my ticket raised yesterday with the akwnoledgement of the issue and with some workaround

1. This is a known issue for us. We have already created a bug for it: QV-12560, and the fix for this problem will be included in the upcoming 12.20 Service Release 1.

2. As for now, what you can do is:

- export the data to a csv file and then reimport to Excel

- downgrade to 12.10 SR8

Nicola

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thank you for sharing this update Nicola.

igor-st80
Contributor III
Contributor III

Before fix this problem, I use Easter egg function SendToExcelLegacyFormat=1 for export to xls instead of xlsx

Or
MVP
MVP

Following up, SR1 has been released and the issue appears to have been partially handled.

• Dates explicitly formatted as dates in script export correctly.
  • QlikView-generated dates (e.g. today() ) export correctly.
  • Dates read directly from a database (e.g. Oracle's SYSDATE) do not export correctly natively, but will export correctly if explicitly formatted as a date in a chart's Number settings.
  • Explicit Dual() dates (e.g. Dual(Today(), Today()) will not export correctly natively, but will export correctly if explicitly formatted as a date in a chart's Number settings.

So, in summary - if you format all your dates explicitly anyway, you're good to go. Otherwise, you may still encounter issues. I've reported the above to Qlik, so hopefully they'll finish the job on these exports in the next patch.