Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bringing X-axis value to Y-axis in Line Chart

Hi All

In a line chart(Trend Chart), I want to bring the values which are there in the X-axis to Y-axis. Has any one achieved it earlier. If so please help me out.

Thanks

Attitude

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick

I would say you have done a great job more than what I can expect for. But unfortunately I am not able to understand your script. If I am not able to understand it then it is easy to implement in my application.

We you have give three extra line which show how the growth had happened. That was really good but I unfortunately I don't need those. I am not even sure how to ignore those lines 🙂

First let me know understand how the script the works then I will try to apply the same logic in mine. Will try to update you ASAP on this.

Again many thanks for your help. Please do let me know if you have any other solution which can be implemented easily. May be the one which you have provided is good one but I am finding it difficult to implement it.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

I've already provided two solutions. Can you show what you have? It definitely will help to help you.

Not applicable
Author

Its not like that! Really I am not able to understand what you have done in the script. I will try to dig in and let you know the outcome. I am not a expert in qlikview

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick

As requested have attached the sample application for better understanding. In my sample application I have not included YTD formula in the expression as I need to work around in my sample application. I will try to give the sample application with YTD later as our calendar bit different from other calendar it need some work around for this sample application.

Please try to work on this sample application and provide some solution when you have free.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

I can see a chart only in your example. You can see the same chart  in my example. To help you I need to see a script. (Maybe it will not be necessary if you understand how my example works)

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

Anyone have some solution for this other than the one provided by Nick. Still I didn't get anyother solution other than the one provided by Nick. Please do let me know if you get to know any.

Thanks

Attitude

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Sorry but i dont have QlikView installed on my laptop, so i wont be able to help you much now.

As per the image you have uploaded, there is a something same example available in Qlikview Sample  examples which you get with your Qlikview Installation. You will find those at C:\Program Files\Qlikview\Example\Documents.

And here find the file with name Finance Controlling. In this example visit P&L Tab.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Koushik

Its ok no problem! Is it Actual/Forecast/Budget chart? In the P&L tab which you have mentioned. I am currently looking into that only.

Regards

Attitude

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes its a Actual/Forcast/Budget Chart. Which is a waterfall chart.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Ok but Actual/Forcast/Budget Chart is not a waterfall model in that tab. Here it is a pivot table!