Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naziralala
Creator
Creator

Static filter in NPrinting June 2017 on one field having >3000 unique values

Hi All,

I have a field named Salesman, which has a unique SalesID for each Salesman.

I am trying to send out an email to all Salesman who did not sign their Log of Attendance by the end of the week, to reimburse their salary for the past week of work done.

I create an App, create the connection to QlikSense App.

I then apply filter on SalesID for all >3000 unique values.

I import the recipients(users list) through the import task.

My QlikSense App identifies 10 salesman out of 3000 values as the ones who did not sign their log of attendance.

I attach that single filter in the Publish task->Filters

I add all the 3000 recipients as Publish task->users

I get an error in the scheduler log file as "Task is configured so that all recipients are disabled". The report could not be generated.

Please advise on a solution to this.

Thanks in advance.

Nazira

21 Replies
naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

No. I will import the recipients via an excel file.

I have an 3 excel files created in QlikView using the Store statement and I

am looking for a way to merge the 3 tabs in one excel file.

Is there a way to do this?

Nazira

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Lech Miszkiewicz <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Store statement does not create Excel files - so i assume they are CSV text files. I am not sure what you are trying to do with them...

Are you talking about Recipient Import Template? If so i think you have taken difficult path

In My opinion you have chosen difficult path to apply filtering. I would take a differnet approach:

• in Qlik script i would put an If Statement to create a A_Field with a flag '0' or '1'. This Field would be on the same level as my SalesPersonID and would flag users which need to receive reports
  • in NPrinitng i would create 1 filter with only one value (always constant) FilterXYZ =>> A_Field: Value=1
  • I would put in task all recipients
  • I would put in task Filter XYZ to restrict the list of recipients

Using flags and script capabilities in Qlik would be much simplier than doing what you are trying to do.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

How will I get all recipients in NPrinting?

Also, recipients keep changing as employees keep changing.

And if I attach a report, each Salesman should see only their data.

Nazira

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - there are 2 things

• getting recipients to NPrinting
    • i would use NPrintig XLS report to create a XLS file with all required fields. If you were able to achieve this (create rules) in script you easily should be able to achieve the same by building a NPrinting Excel report which will produce a full list of users/recipients (basicly Recipient Import Template filled with data)
  • filtering Recipients (And if I attach a report, each Salesman should see only their data.)
    • this can be solved by use of section access and will work automaticly
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Lech,

I just wanted to know what users should be assigned by default in security roles as a user.

My test case is now failing.

Nazira

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

every user who is going to receive report needst to have at least USER role assigned.

To understand more about ROLES - you need to review them. Just open NPrinintg Admin Console-Security-and edit each of the default roles to see what they do. It is all self-explanatory

2.png

naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Lech,

I am facing another issue.

I need to reload and publish for NPrinting to reflect the current data from

the QlikSense App.

What have I missed in setup?

Thanks in advance.

Nazira

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Lech Miszkiewicz <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You do this on Qlik Sense side

naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

Can you please explain in detail what needs to be done in Qlik Sense side.

naziralala
Creator
Creator
Author

I also saw this on Community as below:

Nprinting doesn't refresh the data