Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie Chart Colour problem

Hi Community,

I am facing a problem in Pie chart.since I am using persistent colour option and there is a repeatition of same colour.As in the colour there are option for only 18 colours but I am having around 45 items to represent and colour is required to be persistent and distint across the application.

Is there any option to represent more than 18 items or expression is the only way ?

Thanks ,

Ravi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Agreed.  Also consider building a table with RGB values for each dimension value, then using RGB(R,G,B) as the background color expression.  That will let you have as many colors as you want, and the exact same color for a specific value in every chart, though it may be difficult to make them visually distinct.  See attached example.  It also includes random colors for dimension values that are added to the data set later, and for which you haven't assigned a specific value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

I'm pretty sure we are only limited to those 18 colors. But, as you mentioned, you can specify many more colors through the expression. I've recently had to do that, so if you have a question about how to do that, I can provide some instructions.

In short, expand the Expression, and in "Background Color", based on a logic (like RowNo() for example), define which color to use with the rgb() function.

Hope that helps,

Siarhei K.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Agreed.  Also consider building a table with RGB values for each dimension value, then using RGB(R,G,B) as the background color expression.  That will let you have as many colors as you want, and the exact same color for a specific value in every chart, though it may be difficult to make them visually distinct.  See attached example.  It also includes random colors for dimension values that are added to the data set later, and for which you haven't assigned a specific value.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot ! It is working fine .