Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:Unable to send emails to users

Hi lech_miszkiewicz 

devarasu07    i   created user and added in the user role to that perticular user  and i tried to send report to this

user  -- To  and some other emails in CC      but mail is not going  below error showing in log file .

The user [userid] for the task [taskname] has no permission to see the published reports. No email will be sent.

User [email address] is inserted as recipient in task [taskname] but no destination is configured. Report will not be generated

what might be the issue?    do i need to add something in user role?

Thanks

Chanty

38 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

is it  while creating task am selecting the Email   destination ...is that enough or i need to select the  newsstand also?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to NPrinitng Andimn Console then USER--> Choose/enter particular USER (for example user XXX ) settings-> assign ROLE (Role Name will be NewsStand role) as one of the default existing roles....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

look at this first and make sure user has a Role assigned :https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/Security/ManageSecurity/Security-manageme...

and also at this under "Setting destination":

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Distribut...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

here i just added the User role only lech ...is it fine?  or i need to add newsstand? 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sorry i have sent you the same link Daniel did,

so answering your question re: destination - YES - it is set up when creating publish task...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - it depends where you want to sent your report... if you put NewsStand as one of the destination against user name and User has only USER role assigned then obviously you have inconsistency, right? This is because USER role does not allow to access NewsStand...

I would try to avoid such scenario as i did not test if it would work...

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Okay thanks Lech Miszkiewicz .  now email is going to  respected users .  just now i received the mail .

here one more clarification    like  

For example i have exchnage server mail size it set to 30MB    but my excel report size is 40Mb   then it will fail to send the report right?

is there any posibility to zip and send the reports?  or any other alternate for this?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

its all are set earlier only lech.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks alot lech for your info  asusal  i will check for the same.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is why you have news stand and folder destinations for big reports.. i am not sure how much ZIP will help compressing those files..