Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE:Unable to send emails to users

Hi lech_miszkiewicz 

devarasu07    i   created user and added in the user role to that perticular user  and i tried to send report to this

user  -- To  and some other emails in CC      but mail is not going  below error showing in log file .

The user [userid] for the task [taskname] has no permission to see the published reports. No email will be sent.

User [email address] is inserted as recipient in task [taskname] but no destination is configured. Report will not be generated

what might be the issue?    do i need to add something in user role?

Thanks

Chanty

38 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Here you are saying add news stand also am i right?

role.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries - bit haotic answers this time - but did my best

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yep - that's it.

That is what Daniel suggested as well in first place...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

ohh but my question is  if you set for folder destination it will be saved in local only right?  

1.how we will set customer folders as destination?

and 

2.  where is the zip/compression option is available in 17.3 sep 2017 ?   i didnt found the option?

can you guide to get the option?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hmm cool dear thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

0 - stored local - means on local or shared drive....

1. do not get me started on this as this is another Loooong topic, but basicly you have to create a Destination (Folder or SharedFolder), destination can be dynamic, based for example on UserName or Folder or Subfolder. Folders and Subfolders will be created as long as NPrinitng account user will have write access in this local/shared location

2. Zip - i am not sure if it exists at all?? I am answering from my MacBook so cant test it now - sorry

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

0-  local means where nprinting server installed [there c or d drive will set the folder to test the reports]

1- hmm sure we will park this as of now

2. okay once you check update me lech_miszkiewicz‌  i checked all the options  but i didnt found the  zip/compression 

i think as  devarasu07‌  said NP16  there is a option to compress the file and send,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just checked:

0 - does not have to be folder were NPrinitng is installed it also can be shared location on other server.. (no FTP though)

1-

2 - ZIP files - Well NPrinitng 16 definitelly has this option. From what i see in NP17 Novemeber 2017 this option is still not available.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Correct, in Qlik NPrinting 16 you can zip the attachments but not with Qlik NPrinting 17 (November 2017).

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

hmm thanks ruggero.piccoli‌  Lech Miszkiewicz i dont know why latest versions they are removing features which is existing