Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II

Need help in section access

Hi,

I need help in defining section access. I'm using the below code in order to test whether the section access is working fine or not.

LOAD * INLINE [
Plarform
A
B
C
D
E
]
;

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, NAME, Platform
USER, HBEU\04741072, Adam, A
USER, HBEU\04741072, Adam, B
ADMIN, HBEU\44082191, Varun, *
USER, HBAP\43848019, Brahma, C
]
;
Section Application;

As you can see from the above code Adam can access only 'A' and 'B', Varun can access all the Platforms and Brahma can access only 'C'.

I've published the report and forwarded the link to Adam and Brahma and they are saying they can able to see all the platforms but I gave access to only 'A' and 'B' to Adam and 'C' to Brahma. Can you help me on what I'm doing wrong here.

Regards,

Vikas

11 Replies
vikasshana
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Jonathan, this code is working fine. End-of-the day I've to import all the NTNAME and PLATFORM from excel. How to import excel which have all the NTNAME (including ADMIN) in the above code and which part of the code I've to import the excel?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's a different ball game (and a different question altogether). As nobody has seen what the Excel file contains, it would be best if you post a sample Excel file with representative data (including how you assign platforms to users and how you assign roles to those same users). That would make it easier to convert the script from an INLINE load-based example to something that works for your data source.