cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

IE Plugin Error

I am having two separate errors when trying to access a report using the IE plugin. Internally,  a co-worker's error that pops up is trying to open or save the file. I have attached the error below labeled as IE Error. The error that the client is experiencing looks different but I think it is the same error. What does tunnel mean? Is it a feature I should turn on or off? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The tunneling DLL is a library that adds tunneling to a QlikView setup where you use IIS as web server. The QlikView Web Server has tunnelling support builtin. The tunnel is necessary when the IE-plugin cannot reach the QlikView Server directly through port 4774 (= qvp:// port).

OTOH, it seems that the Tunneler is installed, but the browser has no idea what to do with the data arriving through the network. Did you first install the IE-plugin on the Windows machine of both your client and your co-worker?

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Peter thanks for the response! Yes, both have IE-plugin installed. They have both used it before with no issue. I just think this is weird since it is only happening to two people.

patrou38
Creator
Creator

hello, I've the same issue.

did you solved it from your side ?

patrou38
Creator
Creator

llo, I've the same issue.

did you solved it from your side ?

patrick

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Patrick!

I tried to fix it on my side but had no luck. It actually randomly fixed itself. Sorry! I have no idea what made the change.