Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amichai_m
Partner - Contributor III

NP with QS and QV

Hey experts,

I have  QS June 17 and QV 12.1 SR7.

Today I use NP 16 with QV and I want to upgrade the NP to one of the new version

and connect both QS and QV to the same NP.

All of the components ( QS, QV, NP) have a different server.

Is that possible?

Whats the condition that I have to follow up to so it'll work.

Tahnks

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is possible,

refer to: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploy...

it is all there.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BTW - migrating reports from 16 to 16 may be painfull

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
amichai_m
Author

hey Lech,

Thank's for you answer.

What do you mean in "migrating reports from 16 to 16 may be painful" ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌i meant from 16 to 17. Sorry. My bad

amichai_m
Author

I guess I have to develop new report  from the beginning in 17?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would take this approach - YOu may be able to levarage template but will ha ve drag&drop nodes on it again...

amichai_m
Author

Thank's!

I will try that and publish the results.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure you follow requirements - read them carefully (especialy about domain settings, ports, setup, account setup, security groups and roles for service accounts). Read also about unsupported configurations as you may be surprised what is supported and what is not!

It is all in help document