Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Accumulation (with Dimensions)

Hi

I am trying to create a chart that has bars for monthly sales (the chart has the primary dimension Month and the secondary dimension Year). Also, I want the same chart to show the accumulated sales as a line (but true to the dimensions, that is, QlikView should not accumulate for all years, but create accumulated sales per month for each year).

I have tried to setup an example of what I want, and how I have tried to solve the problem... Could anyone take a look at the attached file and help me figure out what is going on, and how I best solve the problem? I really don't understand why my set analysis is not working...

Thanks

Simon

Excel Example

Untitled.jpg

PS: I updated this discussion with an Excel file of what the chart should look like...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

Good Attempt of Set Analysis. But your expression is wrong. That's why you get error result.

Sum({1<Year={'=Max(Year)-1'}>}Sales) - Your expression

Sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>}Sales) - Correct Expression

Sum({1<Year={'=Max(Year)'}>}Sales) - Your Expression

Sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales) - Correct Expression.

The reason i removed 1 is, it will exclude the selection.

Try this. It is working.

Regards,

Srini.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Simon,

take a look at the chart I derived from your first guess. May be you want to replace my hardcoded years with a variable.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

Good Attempt of Set Analysis. But your expression is wrong. That's why you get error result.

Sum({1<Year={'=Max(Year)-1'}>}Sales) - Your expression

Sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year)-1)}>}Sales) - Correct Expression

Sum({1<Year={'=Max(Year)'}>}Sales) - Your Expression

Sum({<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}Sales) - Correct Expression.

The reason i removed 1 is, it will exclude the selection.

Try this. It is working.

Regards,

Srini.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland & Srinivasan

Thanks for your replies... Both solutions were good. I didn't even think to try an If-expression. But I think I will go with Srinivasan's solution as I will need to discard any selections, and keep the '1'. I don't understand why I need both an equal sign and $() inside my set analysis..? Shouldn't the equal sign be enough..? Well, it is working, so I will just remember to use your syntax, Srinivasan.

Thanks for helping out...

// Simon

PS: I have attached my final solution, which also cuts off accumulation for months, which are not present as discussed elsewhere in the community.

Accumulation Ex 1.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

To answer you question "why I need both an equal sign and $() inside my set analysis..?"

In Set analysis the expression inside set should be within $ i.e., "$(=Max(Year)-1)".

The reason for equal sign inside the $ is it compute the expression and $ will return the value.

I hope this will be clear for you.

Regards,

Srini.