Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply a filter only to a specific object (Qlik Sense)

Dear all,

Is it possible to achieve that a selected filter is applied only to a specific object and no the rest of the objects that are in the same sheet? In addition, is it possible to achieve that a selected filter is applied only to objects in the same sheet than the filter but not those objects in different sheets (all the sheets belong to the same app, of course)?

Thank you very much in advance. It's much appreaciated! I do apologise if it's a silly question... I'm a newbie working with QlikSense.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Yer normal behaviour is all objects all,

With out using extension you can make objects ignore selections with set anlysis.

If you just add the field name like

SUM({<YEAR>}Value)

This expression would ignore the year selections.

If you want to use extensions look at the Alternate states.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Normally, you exclude the filter on all the objects except the object you want it linked to the filter.

but i thnik it is possible iwth extensions, read this:

Comparative Analysis - Alternate States with Qlik Sense

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Yer normal behaviour is all objects all,

With out using extension you can make objects ignore selections with set anlysis.

If you just add the field name like

SUM({<YEAR>}Value)

This expression would ignore the year selections.

If you want to use extensions look at the Alternate states.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot to both of you.

Mark, I have tried both of options but using set analysis might be easier. Is it possible to use this aproach only with fields? Let me explain you in more detail. Unfortunately, I'm facing the following issue:

I have a field called 'Week' but, due to its format, I created a new variable, called vWeek_Modified, which is equal to Num(Right(Week,2)). After that, I created filter for the variable vWeek_Modified. I have tried to achieve it typing different codes (some of them are shown below) but it does not work:

* Sum({<Num(Right(Week,2))>}Forecast)

* Sum({<vWeek_Modified>}Forecast)

* Sum({<$(vWeek_Modified)>}Forecast)

* Sum({<(vWeek_Modified)>}Forecast)

I have tried Sum({<Week>}Forecast) and it works fine but wouldn't be the best approach.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Gonzalo,

it looks like you need to read up on the fundamentals of Set Analysis... The Set Analysis syntax only allows fields to be filtered, not expressions and not variables. This is why the following expression works:

Sum({<Week>}Forecast)

and the rest of the expressions that you listed don't... Actually, the complete format of the filter that ignores user selections in a certain field, includes the equal sign (for some reason, it also works without it:

Sum({<Week=>}Forecast)

You can learn about Set Analysis from a variety of sources, including my book QlikView Your Business - An Expert Guide to QlikView and Qlik Sense.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky