Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting Import Task

Hi,

I have created an Import Task in Nprinting. When I run the task I get this message:

Importing FILTER with name 'Year' : skipped because importCreated and importUpdated flags are false Importing GROUP with name 'PDA Cap/Exp' : marked for update Importing USER with name 'Yash Sinha' : skipped because importCreated flag is false Import completed succesfully.

I'm not able to find out where ImportCreated and importUpdated flags are?

Also, how does nprinting know which report it has to run. We only mention the connection and app name in Recepients.xlsx.

There can be multiple reports created from the same app and connection.

I have also added the recepients excel sheet here. Is there anything which I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

YASH

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

How to assign user filter to report?

Answer - If you create multiple reports for one user from one application and this user is going to have different filters assigned to different reports you need to create individual connectionts to the same QlikView or Qlik Sense document for each of those reports.

More details here:

Nprinting 17 - Multiple filters on user level for different reports

Your another questions:

Only objects imported from the file can be adjusted by another import task. Added, Updated etc.. If you created a filter  YEAR=2000 in NPrinintg interface / console, then this filter cannot be updated by your import task. The same applies to USERS and GROUPS etc.

I have assume this is the case here.

You may want to consider reading a help document to get bit more clarification around this functionality:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups...

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

How to assign user filter to report?

Answer - If you create multiple reports for one user from one application and this user is going to have different filters assigned to different reports you need to create individual connectionts to the same QlikView or Qlik Sense document for each of those reports.

More details here:

Nprinting 17 - Multiple filters on user level for different reports

Your another questions:

Only objects imported from the file can be adjusted by another import task. Added, Updated etc.. If you created a filter  YEAR=2000 in NPrinintg interface / console, then this filter cannot be updated by your import task. The same applies to USERS and GROUPS etc.

I have assume this is the case here.

You may want to consider reading a help document to get bit more clarification around this functionality:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/Recipients&Users/ImportUsersFiltersGroups...

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech!

My import task is working fine now.

I am also able to create task and generate report from it by manually adding the users. But I'm not able to understand how to make use of that import task which actually fetched the recepients and filters.

I found an article where steps to create task are explained. Can you tell me what is this interface (snip below)?

Is it some older version of NP? I'm using v17.3.0 currently.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Yash

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - this looks like version 16 of NPrinitng. Version 16 and 17 are 2 different products although very similar as they use very similar designer methods.

So in NPrinitng 17 task creation is different and i suggest you just follow official help.qlik.com document to do it.

yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries - this is an essence "in pill"

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/GettingStarted/Your-First-Web-App.htm