Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h_prakash
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense Set Analysis and Expression Help

Hi Qlik Experts,

I have the following requirement.

Amount 1

Sum({<Status={'Active'}>}Finance Amount)

Amount 2

Sum({<Status={'Passive'}>}Finance Amount)

I want the List of Proects where Amount 1 > Amount 2 and there corresponding Amount 1 where satisfies the condition that is Amount 1> Amount 2.

When I tried the below expression I am getting the projects where Amount 1 > Amount 2 and Amount 1 = Amount 2

Sum(Aggr(if(Amount 1> Amount 2, Amount 1), Project Number)).

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Hari

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Is your problem that you only want the Amount1 where Amount1 is greater than Amount2, and not where they are equal?

Is there any chance that you are looking at two values that are being rounded to the same amount for display purposes, but underneath the hood one is actually bigger than the other? e.g.:

Amount 1: 100.01

Amount 2: 100.001

Rounded to the ones place they'll both be 100, but in expression Amount1 > Amount2

View solution in original post

5 Replies
achakilam1022
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I think you should create Amount1 and Amount2 as variables

Then use Sum(Aggr(if($(Amount1)> $(Amount2), $(Amount1 )), Project Number)).

Thanks!

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Is your problem that you only want the Amount1 where Amount1 is greater than Amount2, and not where they are equal?

Is there any chance that you are looking at two values that are being rounded to the same amount for display purposes, but underneath the hood one is actually bigger than the other? e.g.:

Amount 1: 100.01

Amount 2: 100.001

Rounded to the ones place they'll both be 100, but in expression Amount1 > Amount2

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Hari,

Try like this

Sum(Aggr(if(Sum({<Status={'Active'}>}Finance Amount)>= Sum({<Status={'Passive'}>}Finance Amount), Sum({<Status={'Active'}>}Finance Amount)), Project Number))

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

One more thing you have to check is decimal points?  Are you rounding off any values?

If round off everywhere.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Also you have to apply set analysis for outer Sum() also.

Regards,

Jagan.