MVP

RE:conditional report

Hi

rpc

Lech Miszkiewicz .

djk

devarasu07

i have one issue.

like   for example i have reports scheduled every month 4th [ this reports are latest month only]

so now my concern is   from database data is not uploaded this month so no reload from qlik aswell  so now in nprinting reports last month

data will send to customer which is not correct.

what is the alternate for this?    is there any trigger /conditional thing to be applied  to avoid this?

Best

Chanty

45 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi ruggero.piccoli‌   and djk

i tested its not working for me

Below steps i performed:

1. created app with the above variable and  th my data having the data till december 2017  and created  nprinting report and added the conditon to the task and  scheduled  the latest data report i got it to email.

next what i did is  i deleted the december data  and i published the application  and reloaded meta data and i re run the application withe same conditon still i got the mail.

my requirement is current month data is not available report should not go to mail [i got the mail with old data after deleting the December data] it should not come ?

did i miss something?  

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You have modified the condition to check for the last month date and not the reload date as in their example?

If you follow those steps on reload the fact you removed december data in your second test would make no difference as its checking for your reload date not what was reloaded.

Regards

Andy

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

yes andy its true

i tried creating the variable to check the current month but its not working. 

i tried below 

let vVar=  If(MonthStart(OrderDate)= MonthStart(Today(1)),1,0) ;

but its not working  how to check the current month is there are not ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

display your variable in a text object in your app

=$(vVar)

to check what result its returning and if that is the value to are expecting the condition to check for.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Nothing it is giving same am using in script it is displaying  0,1 as filed values

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Change it to

Set vVar=  If(MonthStart(OrderDate)= MonthStart(Today(1)),1,0) ;

Then reload.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks andy  it worked but  same variable am using in Npritning that condition is not working  why?ruggero.piccoli 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

because this variable for NPrinitng purpose has to be evaluated with "=" sign on front end in Qlik - just like i suggested in my post above where i had attached link. in this link you see principle of using "=" sign in front of expression calculating variable value.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

so i am going to pitch in little bit.. i would suggest doing this in front end (without using script SET expression as it will be static regardles of script execution)

as it needs to be dynamic on document "open" you want to create variable in front-end and start a conditional test with "=" sign...else in NPrinting instead of 1 you will get variable expression definition.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

can you attach your test qvf or qvw  file? i will set it up for you...