Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST connector is throwing - HTTP Protocol error 401

Hello,

I am receiving an error while trying to setup a REST Connector

ERROR : "HTTP Protocol error 401 (Authorization required): Requested resource requires authentication"

I have set up a  "Basic"  username/password authentication Schema, but I am still receiving the error. Not sure what i am missing in QLIK

This is not an issue in POSTMAN and i can connect without any issue there. I believe POSTMAN adds the Authorization info as a new header automatically.

How do I resolve this issue in Qlik?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

forgot to mention that - I am using QlikSense Desktop. In case of POSTMAN i have configured  proxy settings. Where do i do that in QlickSense Desktop ?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

While creating REST Connection,

There is an option for Authentication.

Try to Set it to 'No'

sateeshkumar
Creator
Creator

Hi N,

Please setup windows auth after that Skip Certification and give All as Formal as .. Need more info.. Please go through the below link..

QlikView - Using the REST Connector

Thanks,

Sateesh.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I do not see "No" Option. And as matter of fact, i need to use "Basic" auth which is not working

Auth.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The video is not useful. It was clearly mentioned in the video the rest connection he is creating doesn't need Auth.

My Rest connection ill needs Basic Auth.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you find a solution for this? I'm also facing the same problem now

bmerveille
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Everyone,

I'm currently facing a similar issue within my Qlik Sense Desktop version.

If I enter the following URL I get an HTTP error 401 -> https://api.delighted.com/v1/metrics.json

However if I only enter the following URL then the connection is successful: https://api.delighted.com

The problem comes later as without the full qualified URL (the first one) I can't get any JSON response later in my script.

-> I tested in my Chrome browser, everything works fine.

PrakashMathi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you got solution? I am also facing the same problem?

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

If you really have access to the website that you are trying to access.You can try following.

Clear Browser cache , Log out and Log in by reopening the browser.

If the problem still persists , May be I feel you are missing some additional parameters that you need to get from postman.

( You can manually check those list of parameters that you need from postman parameters drop down ).