Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to ;locate and add a qliksense table as a page in nprinting powerpoint template

Trying to add a table chart from qliksense as a Page in nprinting powerpoint report but unable to detect the table object when trying to add it. I am doing this as I would like to cycle over more than one field and repeat the slides for each of the combinations in the table, that am trying to add as a page into the nprinting report.

However when I try to add a page and locate the qliksense table using its object id - am unable to locate it ?? Ensured that metadata has been reloaded.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm aware i need to do that. My question was different- I wasn't able to locate the table object and add it as a page.

It's weird, how it didn't appear after reloading the metadata of connection. After reloading the metadata twice and closing down and opening the nprinting web console, i could see it ! nprinting and its ways !

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

In that case you want to page by the field you intend to cycle not by the table object. The table object is what will be presented in the page.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Andy.

My intention is to cycle over the multiple fields. Hence, I created a table with the two fields and then am trying to add the table object as a page into nprinting template.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I think you will need to create the concatenated field in your model and then apply that to your page.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm aware i need to do that. My question was different- I wasn't able to locate the table object and add it as a page.

It's weird, how it didn't appear after reloading the metadata of connection. After reloading the metadata twice and closing down and opening the nprinting web console, i could see it ! nprinting and its ways !

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Ive always found that changes to my model dont come through in the imediate cache even if your reload it.  I usually leave it an hour and then it seems to be available as you would expect.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Looks like am running into the same thiing. After changing a few charts in the sense UI and refreshing the metadata of the nprinting connection pointing to it- am still not able to detect the change while adding those charts into the nprinting report and in a couple of cases, am not even able to detect the changed/newly addded chart as how i pointed out in the beginning. Is there a time limit for the cache to completely refresh behind the scenes ? I mean I'll check after an hour as you said though but this is weird. it should be immediate right ?

rpc

lech_miszkiewicz‌ - do you have any thoughts here ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Tou need to add conactenated field as a page and then go to Tables and locate your table there..

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Right. It should be almost immidiate. Qvf needs to be loaded to Sense Memory though with the changes in it

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Lech

Its never been the case for me.  There does seem to be a lag even if I force the Connection refresh.  Ive taken to leaving it for an hour and returning to it then it seems to have worked it out in the end.

Regards

Andy