Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kailashkotak91
Contributor III
Contributor III

Joining 2 tables twice

Hello,

I am working with a very huge data set wherein I need to first join the table by Unique Identifier and then by email address.

2 of my tables look like following

Table1:

Emp Name     Emp Email ID     Unique Identifier     Manager     Office address    

A                    abc_gmail.com       1                              John               New York    

B                    abc1_gmail.com     2                              Ed                  Houston 

C                    abc2_gmail.com     3                              Raj                  Dallas

D                    abc3_gmail.com     4                              KK                   Jersey

Table2:

Charges          Unique Identifier          emailID                          Division          Company          

10                         3                           abc2_gmail.com                 G                     Po                   

20                         2                           abc1_gmail.com                  O                    LO

30                                                      abc_gmail.com                    L                      ZO

40                         3                           abc2_gmail.com                   Z                    DO

I want to join both the tables first by Unique identifier 2 and 3 and then join  3 & 4 by email ID. Is this possible ? Both tables have about 500000 rows and about 30-35 columns.

2 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

what do you mean by

I want to join both the tables first by Unique identifier 2 and 3 and then join  3 & 4 by email ID

2 and 3 a values of Unique identifier?

You can directly join it by Unique Identifier.

Why do you want to join it twice? What is the expected Output?

kailashkotak91
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shraddha,

Apologies for late reply.

The problem here is the quality of data isn't good in my tables, please ignore the previous tables. The unique identifier column actually isn't unique For example Unique ID 2 belongs to Ed and also to KK. SO,now when i want to see charges for Ed, The actual charges for Unique ID will be 20 but since KK is also using the Same ID, qlikview shows the total as 20 but will show charge of 20 in front of both names, KK and Ed. So first I want to join by Unique ID and then by email.

Table1:

Emp Name     Emp Email ID     Unique Identifier     Manager     Office address    

A                    abc_gmail.com       1                              John               New York    

B                    abc1_gmail.com     2                              Ed                  Houston 

C                    abc2_gmail.com     3                              Raj                  Dallas

D                    abc3_gmail.com     2                              KK                   Jersey

Table2:

Charges          Unique Identifier          emailID                          Division                  

10                         3                           abc2_gmail.com                 G                

20                         2                           abc1_gmail.com                  O               

30                          4                                             L                

40                         3                           abc2_gmail.com                   Z      

Now here again the email id column also has many blanks in table 2. So wherever there is blank my manager is fine with showing double values but wherever the email ID is available he wants the exact value.

I am not sure if it makes sense ?

Thanks & Regards,

Kailash Kotak