Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bringing X-axis value to Y-axis in Line Chart

Hi All

In a line chart(Trend Chart), I want to bring the values which are there in the X-axis to Y-axis. Has any one achieved it earlier. If so please help me out.

Thanks

Attitude

23 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

May be as i just remember that the chart is a waterfall model. and its first bar name is Actual.

I hope you have seen the waterfall model?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Koushik

Yes first bar name is Actual as you said. So now do you mean to say that I need to refer Waterfall Model only? If yes please let me know so that I can concentrate only on that.

Also for your information. I need to create the Line Chart not the Bar chart/ Water fall chart. When I converted Water chart to line chart it does look good. Infact it doesn't look like a line chart. So could you please suggest something on this? As per me I think I cannot use the one which you have suggested for me. Correct me if my prediction is incorrect.

Regards

Attitude

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there - I'm not sure if I have understood the problem correctly, but the attached shows how you can calculate a dimension in the load script and then use it in a chart.

The load script includes the following:

LOAD

Group,

Sales,

Date(Date, 'DD MMM YYYY') as Date,

if(Date >= Today()-30,'SysDate-30',

if(Date >= Today()-60,'SysDate-60',

if(Date >= Today()-90,'SysDate-90', 'SysDate<-90'))) as [Date Group]

Hope this helps.  Please explain where I am missing the requirement if this is not what you are after.

- Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Attitude - I understand from your direct message that you wish for sales to appear in multiple date buckets, ie. if something is 55 days old it should be in the < 90 and the < 60 dimensions.

This could have been achieved in the previous example by turning on accumulation, so all < 30 values are counted in < 60 also etc.

A more robust approach however is to create the buckets in a separate table - so that each date links to one or more bucket values.  This can be done with a resident load - as in the attached file.

Hope this helps.

- Steve