Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple hostnames on same machine

Hi Expert,

Can we have more than one hostname1/Hostanames2 on one instance in qlik sense which will connect to the instance and will we be having any certificate issue?

Thanks

Shree

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

suggestion please

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Did you check Multinode installtion of Qliksense Server?

Refer Installing Qlik Sense in a multi-node site ‒ Qlik Sense

Is it what you need to have?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

what do you mean with multiple names on the same machine?

could you give more details about your question?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As far as I know a single machine can only have a single host name.

But there can be multiple dns names pointing to a single IP address.

As you allude you will have to be careful about SSL certificates.  It all depends on your set up.

What is your scenario and the end game you wish to achieve ?.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Yes you can access a Qlik Sense Server from multiple domains.   You will need a special multi domain certfiicate as Qlik Sense will only recognise one.  Then setup up virtual proxies on the server to login from the domains.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

not multiple domains (same machine)

First Hostname(same domain)-Multiple host via adding through DNS configurations

xyz.com(machine name)(xyz.com:4244/form)

2nd hostname

abc.com(machine name)(abc.com:4244/form)

like this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But there can be multiple dns names pointing to a single IP address.

As you allude you will have to be careful about SSL certificates.  It all depends on your set up.

What is your scenario and the end game you wish to achieve ?.

yes exactly...but how to deal with certificates... and how to add multiple hostnames into it/how to add it...server is already installed and running and wanted to add another dns name and do we have to use virtual proxy or only certificate is only game changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can go with  this link

Sense Server and DNS name alias?

but server admin is asking query about certificate,any solution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Our primary QlikSense is on the internal LAN with an internal dns name with a Virtual Proxy that has the SSL certificate's thumbprint configured on it.

Also in our dmz we have a small virtual machine running another QlikSense Virtual Proxy with a public internet dns name with a Virtual Proxy that has its own SSL certificate's thumbprint configured on it.

A QlikSense Virtual Proxy Service can only have a single SSL certificate's thumbprint configured on it.

I have read that one can have multiple Virtual Proxies on a single server so if you don't want to crank up an additional  dedicated VM I reckon you could do it on a single server - although I have never actually done this.