cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple hostnames on same machine

Hi Expert,

Can we have more than one hostname1/Hostanames2 on one instance in qlik sense which will connect to the instance and will we be having any certificate issue?

Thanks

Shree

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

understand...but how to tackle certificate issue...if at all it will come

via adding space

Installing SSL certificate on Sense server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In a nutshell you install the certificate and then configure the Thumbprint on the Virtual Proxy.

But maybe I am not understanding properly your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

nutshell?can you specify the path.....and after installing it will have only one certificate right ....which can configure in the Thumbprint on the Virtual Proxy.

same query...2 dns  hostnames and on qlik sense server

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You will need 2 certificates, one for the domain name of each of the dns entries.

Then you will need 2 Virtual Proxies, one for each certificate - as a single Virtual Proxy can only be configured to handle a single certificate.

Maybe worthwhile confirming this with whoever is responsible for your SSL certificates, you possibly may have a scenario where a single wildcard certificate may suffice.  Although I somehow doubt this, but without knowing the full details of your site and internal policies I cannot be definitive.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i am the only king of my kingdom

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

but only proxy component has security certificate thumbprint option that two one line. how virtual proxy have another certificate? where we will mention this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well spotted, Everywhere I wrote Virtual Proxy read Proxy.

Also I am not sure whether or not one can have 2 Proxies on the same server.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can only have one certificate in the sense server but that certificate can be a special multi domain one so can direct requests from www.abc.com\hub and www.def.com\hub to the one sense server proxy.  

Where the authentication method changed to ticket we added virtual proxies for each domain that required it.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can only have one certificate in the sense server but that certificate can be a special multi domain one

how to get this?any steps

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Google multi domain SSL certificates.   There are plenty of companies offering them.