Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

On open/minimize of one object open/minimize other object!

Hi All

On open of the one object(object:1) I need to open other object(object:2) and also on minimize of that object(object:1) I need to minimize other object(object:2). May I know how to acheive the same please.

I think document level trigger is there but I don't think object level trigger is available. Correct me if I am wrong! 🙂

Regards

Attitude

32 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is no Straight Solution for this.

I appreciate the work done by Niranjan, but the problem is when you want to move the Objects(i.e Charts).

Meaning, what Niranjan did is, he placed a transparent Button on Caption of Chart, so when we move the chart the button will not move, thus it will not work if the object is moved.

So the option is to use the macros, which is again not a fixed solution, as sometimes macro works and sometimes it doesn't.

Thus my suggestion is not to create any complications in report, as you need to understand that no tool is perfect in all areas.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik

Thanks for your suggestion! Yes it is not working when the object is moved.

May I know of this two methods which one will be the best way of achieving this? Macro or is the one suggested by Niranjan.

Could you please help on achieving this using macro.

Regards

Attitude

its_anandrjs

Hi Niranjan,

Nice example for the solution of Attitude, I appreciated this is good i think the most part of the requirements for Attitude is solved. Also Kaushik says correct it is limitations.

Niranjan/Kaushik could you now look at my requirement now and give solution for that.

Regards,

Anand

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You said you will clearify your needs, can you please explain again.

What you want to achieve.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

my solution will work only when objects are fixed in sheet (i.e end user shuold not move objects.)

Anand I understand your problem,My solution will also work for you if your objects are fixed in sheet.

its_anandrjs

Hi Niranjan/Kaushik,

Please follow this discussion http://community.qlik.com/message/139379#139379 on community.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

we can even do with macros, but we maximize the charts using macro.but there is no trigger available in qlikview which calls macro when chart is minimize.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Niranjan/Kaushik

Finally I have achieved with the help of following steps.

1. Have created the button with the image. There is no selection given for the objects. It is always maximized only. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. Have created transparent button above both the objects. On click of that button it will be minimized.

Hope what I did is correct only.

Regards

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hi Niranjan/Kaushik

My question is how the variable sets to '1' when I am clicking the image of the minimized object and how it sets to '0' when I am clicking the button which is there above the object after when the object is maximized.

Regards

Attitude

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This shared QlikView may provide the functionality you are needing:

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1105

It was provided as an example solution to this QlikCommunity thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/75148#75148

- Steve