Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II

Stacked bar chart which sums up to 100 %

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement in which I have to create a stacked bar chart in which all the expressions should sum up to 100 %. I have four expressions and one dimension. When I choose one dimension value I get total as 100 % but if I leave it as it is, values are unrealistic as shown in  below pictures.

Image 1.PNG

Image 2.PNG

Also checked on community and found a solution which says, expression to be like: sum(Expression)/sum(TOTAL <Dimension> Expression). But my expression is a little complex and has the function "sum" in it already, so I cannot use "sum" again. One of the expression is as shown below:

if(F1='ONLine',(sum({$<Station={"BMM"}>}[Total Pieces Produced]/[Max pc/hr])/sum({$<Station={"BMM"}>}"Operating Time "))*(sum({$<Station={"BMM"}>}"Operating Time ")/sum({$<Station={"BMM"}>}"Planned Prod. Time "))

*(1-(sum([Scrapped Pieces])/sum({$<Station={"BMM"}>}[Total Pieces Produced]))),

if(F1='OFFLine',(sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Operating Time ")/sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Planned Prod. Time ")

*sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Planned Prod. Time ")/sum({$<Station={"BMM","Assembly","Welding"},Product=, F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Planned Prod. Time "))

(sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}[Total Pieces Produced]/[Max pc/hr])/sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Operating Time ")

*sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Operating Time ")/sum({$<Station={"BMM","Assembly","Welding"},Product=, F1={"OFFLine"}>}"Operating Time "))

(sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}[Total Pieces Produced]-[Scrapped Pieces])/sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}[Total Pieces Produced])

*sum({$<F1={"OFFLine"}>}[Total Pieces Produced])/sum({$<Station={"BMM","Assembly","Welding"},Product=, F1={"OFFLine"}>}[Total Pieces Produced]))))

How do I get this to work?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

20 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using = sign in any of the variables? If you are, then try to remove the equal sign and see if that helps

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Okay, I will try that.

Thank you.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

After removing "=" sign there is change in the value again and these are not the right ones.

Attached is the sample. Please let me know if you find something.

Thank you.

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Issue is solved! As you said, the problem was in my expressions that I had created for Availability, Performance and Quality. I changed them and it's working perfect!

Thanks a lot for your help!

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Just a quick question, how to I handle negative numbers? Because in the chart there are negative numbers as well and the formula is just neglecting negative sign and summing up the numbers. As shown in the below screenshot, value sums up to 100% if -1.8% is considered with the sign, minus ( - ). Can you please help here?

img3.PNG

sunny_talwar

What would you rather want to see here?

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I would like to see 100% as total on top of the bar instead of 101.8%.

sunny_talwar

May be you will have to play with dual function... difficult to say without testing it out.... do you have a quick sample I can look at?

apoorvasd
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hmm...Understand!

PFA!

sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure what the end goal is, but may be create an expression with 1 to see 100% all the time?

Capture.PNG