Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use of Sum-Expression in simple Table

Hi all together,

I got a little issue in trying to sum up values. My original excel sheet gives me different projects and payments, it may be that there are several payments to a project, so it appears repeatedly in my excel sheet.

What I would like to do is creat a simple Table in QLIK, where I can show the Payments summed up and the costs, that come from another table. My problem right now is, that when I use the expression Sum(Payment), a invalid dimension is criticized.

My table looks like this when I just use the Payments as field (it's called "Erlös").

Erlös.JPG

As it can be seen, QLIK lists up all the Payments from the original source. I would like to show just one column, so that it's like

Projektstart

ErlösKosten
-391363,01-15634,65

May it work with this form of graph or will I have to choose another one?

Thanks for the replies.

Greetings

Tom Müller

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Choose the appropriate dimensions (I suspect that you need Projekt, and possible ProjektLeiter), and use Sum([Erlös]) and Sum(Kosten) as expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Choose the appropriate dimensions (I suspect that you need Projekt, and possible ProjektLeiter), and use Sum([Erlös]) and Sum(Kosten) as expressions.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i don't understand your label language, anyway you should create a table as below:

dimension: Projekt

expression1: Sum(Erlös)

expression2: Sum(Kosten)

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hallo Tom,

die beiden haben recht du kannst sum(Payment) nicht als Dimension verwenden sondern musst es als Kennzahl benutzen.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answers, works like this.

Have a nice day!