cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joaovieira
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Share app

I have created an app and now i want to share it. The idea is that that other person can introduce new data in the program by saving excel files in a fixed folder. Now here is my question, how can i make everything set so that no one needs to change the connections that i made? Here is the code that i used to read all the files:

FOR EACH File in FileList ('[lib://dados/*.xlsx]')

The folder dados is in the qlik sense app folder, thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! If you are talking about Qlik Sense Desktop then the other person needs to have the data stored in the exact same directory. The Qlik folder is not a good idea because it is under C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Qlik and everybody has their own user name.

You should create a folder C:\QlikData\dados, put your data there and make the data connection to that folder. Then the person you want to share with needs to

- also put his/her (extended) data in C:\QlikData\dados

- copy your .qvf file to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

- load the data

vizmind.eu

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Hi! If you are talking about Qlik Sense Desktop then the other person needs to have the data stored in the exact same directory. The Qlik folder is not a good idea because it is under C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Qlik and everybody has their own user name.

You should create a folder C:\QlikData\dados, put your data there and make the data connection to that folder. Then the person you want to share with needs to

- also put his/her (extended) data in C:\QlikData\dados

- copy your .qvf file to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps

- load the data

vizmind.eu
joaovieira
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you, now it's working perfectly!

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary