Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisvandergr
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QVD to QlikCloud

Is it possible to upload qvd files to qlikcloud autmatically? And with what kind of tool we have to do this ?

Gr

Francis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
carpentiere
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Francis,

I don't know if you speak about the same need tht i have. In my case i have a workaround.

1- QVD files are created by qliview and upload to an ftp site every day,

2 - Then, on qlik sense cloud,  i create an Web file connection to the qvd file..

(ftp://mylogin:mypassword@ftp.myftp.com/Docs/FOURNIS.QVDmypassword@ftp.myftp.com/Docs/FOURNIS.QVD)

3 - Then the schedule refresh the data in the application with this daily QVD.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

At this time you can upload files only manually.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Francis,

you must have Qlik Sense Cloud Business and you can find the steps on how to schedule your load in the following link:

Scheduling data refresh ‒ Qlik Sense Cloud

Regards,

Juan

francisvandergr
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I know. But i also wanna load QVD files. I think the only way is to upload them manually first. But i wanna load my QVD  automatically to qlikcloud.com

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Francis,

No. This isn't possible. However, if you have the Business version you can directly connect to your data sources without the need to attach files to your application.

Juan

carpentiere
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Francis,

I don't know if you speak about the same need tht i have. In my case i have a workaround.

1- QVD files are created by qliview and upload to an ftp site every day,

2 - Then, on qlik sense cloud,  i create an Web file connection to the qvd file..

(ftp://mylogin:mypassword@ftp.myftp.com/Docs/FOURNIS.QVDmypassword@ftp.myftp.com/Docs/FOURNIS.QVD)

3 - Then the schedule refresh the data in the application with this daily QVD.

Regards,