Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkthomason
Contributor
Contributor

Moving Qlik 12 SR3 and Publisher to new servers

Hello everyone

My company has Qlikview 12 SR3 (12.0.20200.0) running on multiple virtual servers. The Qlik QMS, QVS, and QVWS are running on server A while the DSC and QDS are running on server B.  Both servers are running Windows Server 2012 R2 and we want to move these to two servers running Windows Server 2016.  I've gone through all the online groups searching for this scenario, but have really seen any answers(maybe I somehow missed them)

Can someone provide the steps to accomplish this?

Thank you

5 Replies
lkthomason
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, but I misspoke on the QMS. It is running on server B.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you check the part about "Migration to a new Machine" on this page: QlikView - Upgrade and Migration ?

There is a more elaborate treatment with various scenarios in QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf (see Chapter 5 - Reloacting QlikView Services). It contains more details than QlikView 11.20 - 12.10 Upgrade Overview but since it only deals with v10-v11, there may be small differences.

lkthomason
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I did see this, but was unsure if it applied to versions below 12.10. I'm new to the admin side of Qlik so I was expecting the process to move Qlik server to a new machine to be different than Publisher. Or am I overthinking this and the process outlined in the link above apply to server as well?  Thanks for the reply.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your setup is a bit unusual in that the QMS appears to be running on the QVS machine. If you can move it to the Publisher machine, all stuff that has anything to do with tasks-reloads-schedules and so on will reside on the second server only. Your QVS migration will become extremely simple as it gets lmost all of its data and settings from the QMC and the first round of document distributions. Also, the QVPR will only be needed for the back-end machine.

If you want to know what applies to 12.00 instead of the newer versions (12.10 and 12.20), select 12.00 from the listbox when entering the QlikView on-line help.

anandsai4u
Creator
Creator

Hi Thomasaon,

Below is one the way to approach,

1) Install qlikview components and connectors accordingly on windows 2016 server.(server A & Server B)

2) If you are using file share in the same server where qlikview components installed then you have to move the whole folder structure from old to new including security settings.

3) Configure the QMC accordingly in new server.

4) Stop QDS servers from old server.

5) If you need  to move the QV Tasks also then you can move by using remote management API.

Regards

Anand Sai