Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Default selection in filter in Qlik Sense

I am building a report in Qlik Sense, I want a default value to be always selected in filters. How to implement that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mamta,

I had luck with the Climber Selection Bar extension. You select "Field" for the List type parameter, your dimension for the Field parameter and set your function for the Initial selection parameter (both setting a static string and using the max function on a dimension worked for me). You can also hide the "list" by unchecking the Visible checkbox.

This worked best for me by placing a couple of these on a separate sheet (e.g. the first sheet that the user should click on).

hth,

Ken

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mamta,

I had luck with the Climber Selection Bar extension. You select "Field" for the List type parameter, your dimension for the Field parameter and set your function for the Initial selection parameter (both setting a static string and using the max function on a dimension worked for me). You can also hide the "list" by unchecking the Visible checkbox.

This worked best for me by placing a couple of these on a separate sheet (e.g. the first sheet that the user should click on).

hth,

Ken

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you please share the screenshot for the same or it would be great if you can help me to resolve the below query.

What I was trying to do is. In List type, i added the Transaction dates and in the Initial selection, i was mentioning Max(Transactions dates). But it doesn't work.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try using '=' sign before Max([Transaction Dates])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mamta,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried that too adding "=" but it doesn't work.

Regards,

Vivek Ranawat

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try to evaluate Max(Transactions dates). in KPI object..

Is it giving value in correct Date format?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When i write in KPI object Max(Trans date) its giving correct value.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Under KPI it coming as Number when I wrote as Max(Trans Date). The result is 43070.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Use date(max(Trans Date),'Date format in Trans Date Field')

girishsrini
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ken,

Greetings.

This extension is just fantastic and serve the purpose. However, because its not certified by Qlik yet, our customer is reluctant go with this. How was implementation of this extension in your Apps and was there any potential virus or loopholes issues.