Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering a table based on a calculated field

I have a table e.g.

EngineerSubjectCreatedDays
Engineer NameDocument explaining how to 18/04/201127
Engineer Namereport on 27/07/20114
Engineer NameStatus Refresh 07/06/20111

The "Days" column is a calculated field

I have created a new input box on the Sheet and assign the value entered to the variable $DaysSinceLastUpdate

I would like to filter the rows displayed in the table so that only the rows with a value in the "Days" column that matches the value in the variable $DaysSinceLastUpdate are displayed

So if I entered "4" in my input box the only row displayed in the table would be

EngineerSubjectCreatedDays
Engineer Namereport on 27/07/20114
5 Replies
villafuerte
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi,

Maybe you can use Set Analysis in  your expression:

{$<Days={$(DaysSinceLastUpdate)}>}

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

See attached file for an example of set analysis, like Villafuerte said. Only, I'm doing =sum(...) instead.

Hope this helps,

Siarhei K.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the template but I'm using the personal edition also and I'm worried if I import any more qvw files that I won't be able to use it any more.

I haven't use set analysis before...I'll pay around with this a bit more and see if I can get it to work.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the template but I'm using the personal edition also and I'm worried if I import any more qvw files that I won't be able to use it any more.

I haven't use set analysis before...I'll pay around with this a bit more and see if I can get it to work.

Not applicable
Author

Oh, no problem.

Here's the expression for a table that I think would do what you need:

=sum({$<Days={'$(DaysSinceLastUpdate)'}>} Days)