cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egoziyan
Contributor II
Contributor II

npadmin cannot access qv

Hi, I'm trying to install nprinting server but I'm having some problems.

I've installed a new windows server and installed qlikview desktop on it. I can access the qlikview server with the domain admin and open any qv document when using open in server. I've created a local user for the nprinting server and assigned it a local administration group and log on as a service rights. When I am trying to connect to QV with this user I am getting an error " Connected to server OK, No reply received Switching to HTTPS tunneling. ... Security settings denies access.... Negotiations timed out." I have turned off the windows firewall on both servers (QV & Nprinting) but still I can only access the QV with the domain admin user.

Does any one know how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

Do not get this personal but.... did you read minimum requirements for NPrinitng? I guess you did not and you belong to group of 95% people who did not neither before they have installed NPrinting

In documentation it clearly says it needs to be domain user!

First of all read minimum requirements for NPrinting users and installation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

also this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploy...

this is just snippet from it:

Windows Qlik NPrinting engine service administrator

We recommend that you create and use a dedicated Windows user account to install Qlik NPrinting engine and run the associated services. You are prompted to enter these credentials on the Service logon credentials screen during the Qlik NPrinting engine installation. The Qlik NPrinting engine service administrator runs the Qlik NPrinting engine service.

The Windows user account must:

Be a member of the local Windows Administrators group.

Be a domain user.

Have Log on as a service rights.

Only be used to run Qlik NPrinting 17 and newer services. This ensures that there are no conflicts with other Windows services on the same computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So:

regarding local user:

The only "workaround - and i am not sure it will work - is, if you create the same local user on QLikVIew server and allow it to access it + allocate a license to this user.

I am not sure how your network is configured so i am not sure if you will be able to achieve this.

I consider this scenario unsupported and imposible to work stable.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

Do not get this personal but.... did you read minimum requirements for NPrinitng? I guess you did not and you belong to group of 95% people who did not neither before they have installed NPrinting

In documentation it clearly says it needs to be domain user!

First of all read minimum requirements for NPrinting users and installation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accounts.htm

also this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deploy...

this is just snippet from it:

Windows Qlik NPrinting engine service administrator

We recommend that you create and use a dedicated Windows user account to install Qlik NPrinting engine and run the associated services. You are prompted to enter these credentials on the Service logon credentials screen during the Qlik NPrinting engine installation. The Qlik NPrinting engine service administrator runs the Qlik NPrinting engine service.

The Windows user account must:

Be a member of the local Windows Administrators group.

Be a domain user.

Have Log on as a service rights.

Only be used to run Qlik NPrinting 17 and newer services. This ensures that there are no conflicts with other Windows services on the same computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So:

regarding local user:

The only "workaround - and i am not sure it will work - is, if you create the same local user on QLikVIew server and allow it to access it + allocate a license to this user.

I am not sure how your network is configured so i am not sure if you will be able to achieve this.

I consider this scenario unsupported and imposible to work stable.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

When all else fails, read the manual

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yeah

but c'mon - usualy it is too late and you have to re-do all setup from scratch just because "some can assume something"...

anywys

Lets see what Yaniv says - hope this answers his question.

regards

Lech

egoziyan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

Thanks for the help, I did read the documentation before and also watched some video tutorials .

The requirement for a domain user is the nprinting engine user while I was still installing the server and this user does not need to be a domain user.

I created a new local user and with this user I was able to access the qlikview and continue the installation.

Once again thanks alot for your assistance

Yaniv

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

regarding local users - you may runto into issues with this user, so make sure you start with supported environment.

That is my recommendation.

regards

Lech