Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrdenmark
Contributor III
Contributor III

Suppress Script Execution Progress writeouts

Hello,

I have a Qlik document which loops through a large number (1000+) raw excel and csv files and it generates a very large logfile with 1000+ lines with:

Table << Excel1 663 lines fetched

Table << Excel2 534 lines fetched

Table << Excel3 789 lines fetched

I would like to manually control what is printed in the logfile by temporary disable execution log messages, and enabled it after the file loading loop is finished.

So does QlikView have anything like "@echo off/on" in load scripts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

You can add extra logging by using Trace commands, but apart from disabling the document log completely, which I would not recommend, I do not know of a way of pausing and restarting the logging within a script.

Do you actually need to loop through all 1000+ files each time you reload the data?

Have you looked at using a incremental load, so you just append new files to your data?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

your try with trace function

Trace ‒ QlikView

sample,you can try like below,

Main:

load * inline

[

ID,Amount

];

Let MyMessage = NoOfRows('Main') & ' rows in Main Table';

trace $(MyMessage);

Capture.JPG

mbrdenmark
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the answer Devarasu R.

Currently I am looking for a way to temporary suppress the auto generated "Table << Data 20324 Lines Fetched" messages. If I could do so, I could use TRACE to write summary messages instead.

Colin-Albert

You can add extra logging by using Trace commands, but apart from disabling the document log completely, which I would not recommend, I do not know of a way of pausing and restarting the logging within a script.

Do you actually need to loop through all 1000+ files each time you reload the data?

Have you looked at using a incremental load, so you just append new files to your data?

marcus_sommer

I think this tool from Rob will be quite useful: Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook.

- Marcus

avinashelite

One alternative way is to place your script inside > hidden script > so nothing will get logged ...but you need have the herald of remembering the hidden script password ....

mbrdenmark
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for the answer Colin.

I guess I just have to consider the solution, where I consolidate the data in an separate Qlik into one QVD and have it keep track of which files it already processed.

But it would be a nice feature to could disable the autogenerated log entries to complement a more manual approach with TRACE.