Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

RE: How Ondemand Works?

Hi lech_miszkiewicz‌,

How the ondemand will work in Qliksense exactly.?

can you show one example?

i read the documents but i am not pretty clear on this? 

it will be helpful if you give some glance about this?

Thanks

Chanty

23 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could give a check at this video:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks ruggero.piccoli‌  unfortunately i cant watch right now

give me some idea  like...

my reports every month 4th i scheduled thats working fine.

but my user requirement is  ..if he fails to upload the data  before 4th it will trigger old month data only,

so how can we overcome this?  means whenever the data is uploaded in that month it should trigger and report should go with latest data, ?   

is this ondemand will work here? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Thanks to add more info.

On-Demand will not resolve the original data update issue. I mean, if the QlikView or Qlik Sense data are still a month old and the user runs the report via On-Demand it will retrieve the same data.

If you schedule the report with the condition, for example, every day, the report will be generated and sent the first day the condition is met. So, for example, the 4th you still have old data but you run the Qlik reload on 5th, after (the 5th or 6th) the Qlik NPrinting condition will met and the report generated.

You can test it by running manually the report before and after a data reload.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks alot for the nice info which i ever know

so you mean to say Ondemand report will not be a solution for my requirement?

here small question--  then how it should be automatic? if my report is not sent whenever the data is updated?

Here  i didnt understand  below

"If you schedule the report with the condition, for example, every day, the report will be generated and sent the first day the condition is met.  "

i want to send monthly report only -if the data is updated in one month two times what will be the result? the report agin will go the customer correct me if i am wrong?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I saw that On-Demand is not a solution because if the original data re not updated the generated report will contain old data as if it is scheduled.

Of course if you update the source data both generation methods (On-Demand and Scheduled report) will produce updated reports.

If you schedule the report with the condition every day and the condition checks if the data are updated the same day of the execution you are right. In case you update the data two times a month in two different days you will receive two reports.

On the other hand if you don't schedule the report and you configure only On-Demand for it you must remember to run it manually after the data update.

Based on what I understood of your scenario, I think the best idea is to use conditions and schedule the report once a day. The cons is that you will receive it automatically every time data are updated. Maybe this could also not be a cons if the data changes after an update maybe you would to be aware of this.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks ruggero.piccoli‌ it is very helpful info

but the issue user dnt want two times in a month     is there any API's ?  to integrate and do this kind of solution?

Btw-    giva two line glance [ i will watch the video once i reach home] on Ondemand what exactly it do? and on which scenario we will use on demand?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi ruggero.piccoli‌   i am getting some of the reports  error like below

Error:nprinting access violation at address 01B526B4 in module 'nprinting.exe'?

what is the issue? how to resolve this?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Do you already did the actions suggested in that correct answer?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

No. that is in testing phase- we are facing some other issue in between so

i will update once it is done.

and the above error what is the min cause?