Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Transpose column

Hi!

I am wondering if the following can be done;

transpose.png

I have tried using crosstables, but can't get it to work. Can someone please help me? Or at least tell me if it can be done?

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You need to create a pivot table - dimensions are 'startweek' & 'importweek', and the expression is =Forecast.  You can expand all dimensions on the pivot table, then drag & drop the 'importweek' column (initially displayed in rows) to a column header.  Let me know if the attached file solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use a chart - either a Pivot or Straight table.  I created one in your sample.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

See the attached file by this you can change the view of your columns in Pivot table and represent the data like this. Please see attachment is this your solution see the solutions Sheet.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the help.

I don't really follow. I may have given more information than I can use in the solution. I only have the table given to the left. Am I mistaken, or have you in your solution used information from the table to the right?

I am providing a new example, just containing the information I can use.

Not applicable
Author

You need to create a pivot table - dimensions are 'startweek' & 'importweek', and the expression is =Forecast.  You can expand all dimensions on the pivot table, then drag & drop the 'importweek' column (initially displayed in rows) to a column header.  Let me know if the attached file solves your problem.

Not applicable
Author

That worked as a charm! Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to achieve the same with just a straight table? I find the look of the pivot table... confusing

Edit: I found the "Always fully expanded" checkbox in presentation tab. That made it a little less confusing.

Not applicable
Author

You can get the same data from a straight table, but the only way to get a dimension as column headers is by pivoting.  A straight table version will look like the image attached.  (Sorry, tried to paste, but the insert picture fuction isn't working)

Not applicable
Author

Ok, thank you anyway!