Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

How to convert - to null

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please help me on this.

I have the exported output file from qlikscript like below. Here I need to convert    ( - ) to Null.

I have tried like this in the script

if(IsNull(trim([AB Targe])),Null(),trim([AB Targe)) as AB Targe,

But getting the dash(-) in the result still now. Please help me how to convert to null.Please find the sample source file.

Output screenshot.png

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

may be this?

Fact:

load *,if(len([AD Target])<=0 or [AD Target]='-' or isnull([AD Target]),'Null',[AD Target]) as [AD Target Revised],

if(len([CD Target])<=0 or [CD Target]='-' or isnull([CD Target]),'Null',[CD Target]) as [CD Target Revised];

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, AD Target, CD Target

1, 67, 2

2, 0, 0

3, -, -

4, -, 2

5, 55, -

];

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you getting when you use this?

if(IsNull([AB Targe]),'Null',trim([AB Targe)) as AB Targe

OR

if(Len([AB Targe]) = 0,'Null',trim([AB Targe)) as AB Targe,

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

may be this?

Fact:

load *,if(len([AD Target])<=0 or [AD Target]='-' or isnull([AD Target]),'Null',[AD Target]) as [AD Target Revised],

if(len([CD Target])<=0 or [CD Target]='-' or isnull([CD Target]),'Null',[CD Target]) as [CD Target Revised];

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, AD Target, CD Target

1, 67, 2

2, 0, 0

3, -, -

4, -, 2

5, 55, -

];

Capture.JPG

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

If your issue still not resolved, try to share the expected output and then check article as well,

NULL handling in QlikView

If u wish to handle "-" as "Null" in qlik front end then easily u can do it by enable check box in your pivot/table chart object--> presentation tabl  misisng symbol "-" into Null or NA like that

Capture.JPG

its_anandrjs

There are many threads on Qlik Community with the help of this you can get the knowledge about how to handle null values in the Qlikview.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3155

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/null-value-handling.htm

how to handle null values in qlikview