Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error store into a text file

Hi I have some scripts where I want to store data into a textfile.

On one system this actions stops when it tries to execute the STORE command. Only the header is written. Then I get the message 'Excecution failed'

I tested it on another machine and that one is running OK.

I also tried to store the data first as a qvd file, then load the data and store it as txt, and this is working fine. So I'm a bit confused now.

Can someone give me a reason were to look to solve this issue, it is very annoying

This is my Store command.

STORE

MATNR, MBRSH, MTART, WERKS, LGORT, VKORG, VTWEG, MAKTX, MEINS, MATKL, EXTWG,

SPART, MTPOS, MSTAE, MSTDE, GROES, TAXKM, KONDM, MTVFP, KAUTB, XCHPF, TRAGR, LADGR, PRCTR, SERNP,

SBDKZ, STAWN, HERKL, EKGRP, DISMM, DISPO, MINBE, DISLS, BESKZ, PLIFZ, FHORI, LGFSB, LGPBE, XMCNG,

BWTTY, BKLAS, VPRSV, PEINH, VERPR, HKMAT, ALAND, TATY1, ZSTATUS, PRAT1_2

From Material INTO C:\Temp\Test.txt (txt, delimiter is '|');

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I updated to version 10.00.9061.7 SR3 and now the program seems to run again!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I believe you need to load it in a table first, then you store it:

Material:

Load

MATNR, MBRSH, MTART, WERKS, LGORT, VKORG, VTWEG, MAKTX, MEINS, MATKL, EXTWG,

SPART, MTPOS, MSTAE, MSTDE, GROES, TAXKM, KONDM, MTVFP, KAUTB, XCHPF, TRAGR, LADGR, PRCTR, SERNP,

SBDKZ, STAWN, HERKL, EKGRP, DISMM, DISPO, MINBE, DISLS, BESKZ, PLIFZ, FHORI, LGFSB, LGPBE, XMCNG,

BWTTY, BKLAS, VPRSV, PEINH, VERPR, HKMAT, ALAND, TATY1, ZSTATUS, PRAT1_2

From Material

Store Material into C:\Temp\Test.txt (txt, delimiter is '|');

hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Material already contains data which was loaded with the LOAD, so sorry but that's not the problem.

Arend

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Does it work if you don't use the delimiter?

Store Material into C:\Temp\Test.txt (txt);

?

Regards,.

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Just tried, but no. Still get the error. It also doesn't matter if I load 1000 or 100000 lines.

Arend

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you provide a sample of your data or an app with some samples so we can try to understand the problem?

Regards,

Erich

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Looking in the manual, I do not see that the delimiter would be supported in this context. Does it work without the delimiter?

STORE

MATNR, MBRSH, MTART, WERKS, LGORT, VKORG, VTWEG, MAKTX, MEINS, MATKL, EXTWG, SPART, MTPOS, MSTAE, MSTDE, GROES, TAXKM, KONDM, MTVFP, KAUTB, XCHPF, TRAGR, LADGR, PRCTR, SERNP, SBDKZ, STAWN, HERKL, EKGRP, DISMM, DISPO, MINBE, DISLS, BESKZ, PLIFZ, FHORI, LGFSB, LGPBE, XMCNG, BWTTY, BKLAS, VPRSV, PEINH, VERPR, HKMAT, ALAND, TATY1, ZSTATUS, PRAT1_2

FROM Material INTO C:\Temp\Test.txt (txt);

If it is still a problem I would try a couple of things to try to narrow the problem down a bit.

1. Load only one row or data in the table, so you can determine if it is related to the datat or the store fucntion.

2. Store all fields of the table instead of named fields, to determine if the problem is within the field name definition

If it is still a problem, please also specify which QV version you are using.

Not applicable
Author

Like I already mentioned the program does run on other systems, even with the same delimiter. So it must be something with my installation/version of Qlikview (10.00.8845.6 SR1) or some (hidden) settings. I even tried re-installing Qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

I updated to version 10.00.9061.7 SR3 and now the program seems to run again!