Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Unpublish an app or change Stream ?

Hello,

I'm a huge Qlikview user with a very small amount of customers requesting Qlik Sense and every time I try to do something in Qlik Sense I'm confused by how strange the procedures are (when they exist)

I have published some apps in the Everyone Stream. I would like to remove them from the Stream without deleting them.

Is it possible ?  I have seen a post from 2015 saying it is impossible but I just hope it has changed.

If not, is it possible to change the Stream to put the apps in a private Stream instead of deleting them ?

If not, I really can't understand what prevents Qlik from adding such easy admin tasks..

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

U have to duplicate the application; then publish it to another stream, then delete it..

no other way arround..

View solution in original post

8 Replies
OmarBenSalem

U have to duplicate the application; then publish it to another stream, then delete it..

no other way arround..

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Frederic,

You are correct, there is no way to unpublish an app prom a stream.

Prodedure is to duplicate the app so that a copy then exists in your My Work section, and then to delete the app from the stream.

You can then publish the duplicate to another Stream.

Thanks,

Simon

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

hi,

have you tried to "Duplicate" the app, remove the original one from the stream, and re publish it on another stream ?

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for all your answers, I think Duplicate is the way to do it .. too bad there is no easier way to do it bundled into the QMC

Thanks

Visual_0
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi There, 

There is now an easier way to do this. 

If you go into the QMC (qlik management console) then click on apps 

You can then duplicate the app which will put the app in your personal work and then delete the app from the stream.

if you want to just delete the app from the stream click on delete. 

Note: By deleting the app you wont get it back unless its been exported or duplicated.

Visual_0
Contributor II
Contributor II

Capture.PNG

Visual_0
Contributor II
Contributor II

Once it is published you can also click on Move which will move the app to a different stream of your choice.

Capture.PNG 

Fanyin2019
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, this is very useful!!!