cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Security Rules

Hello All

I need help while understanding Security Rules.

In Client system there are multiple streams out of that in one Stream we do not have the Create New Sheet property, however other's have.

I have the Root Admin Access. I tried to find out the reason in security rules but unable to find out the part due to which I cannot able to

Create New Sheet

Could anyone guide me out how to go about it?

Regards

DC

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the Qlik Sense Admin types have essentially QMC administration purposes.

so i think you should see he security rules of the stream

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try using the audit function to compare the active security rules for the streams: Auditing security - Qlik Sense - YouTube

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks sir for the response!!

I have already audit the security as per that I have Read Only Access for the particular App.

As per my understanding, if the user has Read Only Access they can create the sheet or duplicate it. Moreover, for the stream I have Read/Update/Delete/Publish rights.

But somehow, I am unable to do anything

Please advise

Regards

DC

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You should have 'Create' selected in Action for Security Rule to edit the sheets.

Check the Security rule which is named 'CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp'<<< this is the default Qlik rule. This can be modified based on user or group.

But I guess once the app is published, I don't think so user/admin can create or edit sheets unless modify the rules by creating new App Object_* rule and by disabling the default rule.