Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator

NPrinting 'Template Editor' slow since Sep 2017 install

Hi,

Has anyone encountered NPrinting hanging?

For example if I type '1' into a cell press return then the editor hangs for 12 seconds the excel part of the screen turns blank then returns back to normal.  This occurs for ANY change or interaction with NPrint template editor.

I have:

• run the repair
  • reinstalled designer twice
  • reinstalled .net
  • Tried on another PC (the server)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator
Author

After testing I have surmised that the issue relates to the size of the report.

I have built the report from scratch again.  Initially Nprinting responded quickly at the beginning then slowed down for each tab I added eventually going to the point of hanging intermittently on each action.

This report has 30 tabs with approximately 620 table fields added and 28 chart images.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I did not have any issues and i went through all versions and am currently on November 2017. The only issue i had with Office templates was when trying to open Designer on super high resolution screens like 3200X1980 pixels and i had to run it in "compatibility mode" ever since.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator
Author

After testing I have surmised that the issue relates to the size of the report.

I have built the report from scratch again.  Initially Nprinting responded quickly at the beginning then slowed down for each tab I added eventually going to the point of hanging intermittently on each action.

This report has 30 tabs with approximately 620 table fields added and 28 chart images.